The 7 key points to know to visit the Eiffel Tower
You're going to visit the Eiffel Tower (Tour Eiffel) to Paris? To visit the Dame de fer de Paris in all serenity, here are our good plans to live an extraordinary experience and avoid unpleasant surprises!
1. How to get to the Eiffel Tower?
5 modes of transport are available to you: Car, Bus, RER, Velib and Metro. We advise you to choose public transport, which is more practical and more ecological.
The Eiffel Tower is very well served by public transport, it will be a pity not to use it. Lines 6, 8,9 of the Metro serve the Eiffel Tower, the RER C, as well as lines 86 and 69 of the Bus as well.
2. Climbing the Eiffel Tower with luggage ?
Since the implementation of the vigipirates measures, security has been reinforced and it is not possible to go to the Eiffel Tower with luggage.
It is therefore strictly forbidden to bring non-foldable pushchairs, suitcases and other luggage. If an object is refused entry, it will be immediately thrown away and cannot be retrieved.
3. Is there a left-luggage office at the Eiffel Tower?
It is possible to drop off your luggage during your visit to the Eiffel Tower, by leaving them in the luggage lockers of CITY -LOCK. Located less than 5 minutes from the Eiffel Tower, you will find luggage lockers where you can store your belongings, safely and at a lower cost.
The booking your luggage storage for the Eiffel Tower is done online, and you instantly receive your access code.
Access to your belongings is free and unlimited for the duration of rental of your locker , which is available 7/7, from Monday to Sunday inclusive.
These lockers can fit up to 3 cabin bags!
4. Lunch or Dinner on the Eiffel Tower
On the first and second floor of the restaurants offers itself to you, and a Bar at the top !
- On the first floor there is a bistro, open all day long, for refreshments and meals. The bistro is open all day long.
- On the second floor the starred restaurant Jules Verne offers 3 rooms with a unique view over the world. Reservation is required to enjoy a gastronomic meal in the Iron Lady.
- At the top of the Tower there is a champagne bar, where you can enjoy a unique moment while looking at the capital at more than 276 meters high. A unique experience in the world.
5. Buying tickets for the Eiffel Tower
In order to save time, it is recommended to book your tickets on the Internet up to 2 months in advance. They are cheaper and time-stamped, and this represents a significant time saving (risk of waiting several hours to buy tickets at the ticket office).
It is also the certainty of being able to climb to the top of the Eiffel Tower. If you take the risk of buying the tickets on site, you have no guarantee of being able to climb the Eiffel Tower. In fact, ticket sales at the ticket office are restricted depending on the number of visitors currently present at the Parisian monument.
6. What are the means to climb the Eiffel Tower?
Two solutions are available to help you climb the two floors of the Eiffel Tower :
- For the more daring, you can use the stairs up to the second floor, which total 674 steps! It takes about 30-45 minutes to go up (we advise anyone in poor physical condition to avoid climbing both floors with the stairs, as well as young children).
- For others, the lift allows you to go up quickly and safely to the top. But you won't be able to be satisfied with the effort.
7. What are the rates ?
|Adults||Young people (from 12 to 24 years old)||Child (from 4 to 11 years old))||Babies - 4 years old||Handicap|
|Stair + lift ticket (top) Access to the top using the stairs to the second floor and the lift to the top||19.70€||9.80€||5.00€||Free||5.00€|
|Lift ticket (2nd floor) Access to the second floor using only the lift||16.60€||8.30€||4.10€||Free||4.10€|
|Lift ticket (top) Access to the top using both lifts||25.90€||13.00€||6.50€||Free||6.50€|
|Stair ticket (2nd floor) Access to the second floor using only the stairs||10.40€||5.20€||2.60€||Free||2.60€|
Warning : Tickets for the staircase ascent are sold only on the spot for the moment.
Good to know
All around the Eiffel Tower, there are a lot of visitors, and therefore a lot of hawkers, pickpockets, gamblers, etc....
Don't be surprised!
Keep a constant watch on your personal belongings.